Latest News from Westerner Park
Call for Artists Open until November 18, 2022
October 20, 2022 | Red...Read More
BLUE RODEO ADDS NEW WESTERN DATES TO MANY A MILE TOUR
Continuing the...Read More
Red Deer, AB – The Westerner Days Fair & Exposition, running July...Read More
The Westerner Foundation
The Westerner Foundation was established in January 2021 by local Community Leaders and members of the Westerner Park Board of Directors with the objective of promoting, fundraising, and investing in initiatives that will support the future sustainability of Westerner Park. The delivery on this mission ensures that Westerner Park will continue to serve the public by enhancing the quality of life for Central Albertans, advancing the agriculture industry, and generating economic benefit for our community.
The Westerner Foundation Key Pillars
The members of the Foundation are the stewards of the donations and funds raised and will direct their use to specifically support the defined Initiatives and Key Pillars:
- Capital Programs: invest in projects to improve and ensure the sustainability of Westerner Park and enable other charities, non-profits and groups to have opportunities to host events and promote their own causes. The Capital Campaign 2021 is the first initiative in support of this pillar.
- Innovation & Events: facilitate and enhance events which advance the agricultural industry through innovation & education, while also generating economic benefits to the Central Alberta community.
- Education & Community Engagement: invest in education and training programs which increase the leadership capacity of the Westerners who serve our local community.
- Other programs or services: that support Westerner Park’s mission to provide exceptional guest experiences through premier facilities and services.
Capital Campaign 2021
The Westerner Foundation, in partnership with a volunteer group of community leaders interested in the future of Westerner Park, kicked off fundraising efforts to support the Capital Programs pillar.
Born from a sense of community, the Westerner Foundation will help assure the sustainability of Westerner Park. For 130 years, Westerner Park has been Central Alberta’s destination for celebration - blending tradition with vision, rural with urban, and agriculture with sport and entertainment. Thank you to the “can-do” spirit of the donors of this campaign, we look forward with a sense of hope and excitement for generations to come.
Jack & Joan Donald, John Donald, and Kathy Lacey unveiling the commemorative print recognizing the donors and celebrating the achievement of the 2021 Capital Campaign, which will be featured in the lobby of the Peavey Mart Centrium.
In addition, the first annual Cowboy Kicks event is being held March 18, 2022 and the proceeds will be directed to the Westerner Foundation in support of this capital campaign.
Meet the Westerner Foundation Leaders
The community leaders who comprise the inaugural membership of the Westerner Foundation are:
- John Donald, Chair
- Lyn Radford, Vice Chair
- Ingrid Anderson, Treasurer
- Terry Coutts
- Rob Kellough
- Rod Kennedy
- Jason Volk
- Chris Warren
- Deb Beck, Westerner Park Board Chair
- Scott Wyzykoski, Westerner Park Board member
- Mike Olesen, Westerner Park CEO
Working together, the Foundation and Westerner Park are able to provide the venues and services to support local organizations and groups that share a commitment to creating world- class, family-friendly events. Together, we can contribute to the social and economic prosperity of our community and help to make Central Alberta an exciting place for people to live and do business.
Would you like to learn more? If you are familiar with a member of the Foundation, you are welcome to contact them directly.
You can also contact:
If you are interested in receiving more information please contact:
Marketing & Communications Manager