As a not-for-profit organization, so much of what we do relies upon the hard work and generosity of our volunteers.
We engage the community through volunteerism which provides our organization with a broader perspective and bolsters our expertise. Every single volunteer will have a purpose and will be recognized as we know and understand the value of their time and effort to our organization.
Whether it's our Board of Directors, volunteer committees, or the people on the ground making each event happen, we wouldn't be anywhere without them. Westerner Park volunteers come from a variety of ages and backgrounds, and some have been with us for over sixty years!
It takes over 600 volunteers and approximately 21 committees to plan and organize Westerner Park produced events.
Current Volunteer Opportunities
Red Deer Rebels Volunteer Program - 2021/2022 Season
If you are interested in signing up to volunteer, please click the following links to select your hockey game shifts:
In partnership with the Red Deer Rebels, we are very pleased to offer the following perks to these volunteers who can participate in the requested 8 game minimum:
- A uniform to keep! (a branded red windbreaker)
- 2 vouchers to attend Rebels games as a spectator
- A chance to be part of the behind the scenes action at the Peavey Mart Centrium!
Volunteer Advisory Committee
A Volunteer Advisory Committee has been created to help support Westerner Park in achieving our strategic goals and will be recruiting for several positions. The committee will be responsible for providing the successful delivery of a sustainable volunteer program with a primary focus on coordinating with Westerner Park staff in the program's creation, development, and organization.
Volunteer Advisory Committee membership consists of the following positions:
- Community Representative,
- Event Delivery & Venue Operations Representative,
- Marketing Representative,
- Client Services Representative,
- Volunteer Services Representative,
- Food & Beverage Volunteer Representative, *currently recruiting
- Event Services Representative. *currently recruiting
Individuals that are passionate about inspiring and building a connection within the community and enjoy leadership roles and volunteerism are encouraged to apply.